Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Weekend!

(A rambley post about the boringness that is my life today because I'm avoiding taking a shower and leaving the house....)


I'm going on the Hudson Valley Yarn Crawl tomorrow with a very good knitting friend. I've spent a good amount of this week looking at sweater patterns for that coveted Spud and Chloe sweater yarn. I've yet to knit myself a sweater because I'm terrified of gauge and I've heard too many horror stories of people who actually know how to check their gauge accurately and they STILL end up with a garment that's too big or too small. But I can still spend a couple hundred dollars on Spud and Chloe Yarn, plus the $6 or so for the pattern. Right?!

As for today, I've consumed an unholy amount of gluten last night and this morning and I have made myself good and sick. Nothing a gallon of water and milk thistle won't fix.
It's 1:30 pm and I am still in my night clothes, listening to Jimmy Buffett rather loudly because no one else is home. My plans for the day are to drive to a nearby farm that has cows and is NOT licensed to sell raw milk, and beg them to sell me some raw milk, cuz I hate driving 40 minutes to the middle of nowhere for it, which I try to do without murmering or complaining because the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31 "...is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar." (I'm pretty sure the first part of that verse is NOT a fat joke) I may be far from virtuous (Which is evident from my intent to bully some poor farmer into doing something illegal), but I do travel far for food. If I have to. But I hate driving.

Last night I had a dream that my brother died. My Sister in law called to tell me and I promptly forgot about it until later when she posted about it on Facebook and I was all like "OHNOIFORGOT!!!!!" I texted her as soon as I woke up to see if he was still with us and she informed me that, unfortunately, he was.
I also dreamed that Stephen King was my Knee Surgeon. I never got to see him before or after the surgery, but then I needed a follow up surgery for complications, and he was my surgeon again and...once again, I didn't get to see him.
I wanted to text him this morning too, but I've misplaced his number...



Okay, it's time for me to stop rambling and get going. Please feel free to share the boring details of your weekend in the comment section :-)

1 comment:

  1. oh dear what a horrible dream. Hope you had fun shopping. I'll bet you can make yourself a beautiful sweater. We didn't do anything too exciting here. Updated a website for my sis and hung out with me dog. twas not a very eventful weekend...

    ReplyDelete