Thursday, February 21, 2013

Top 10 things that could go wrong tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm going to have major arthroscopic knee surgery. I've spent the past week worrying about everything that could go wrong, and I am pleased to share with you the Top Ten things that could go wrong, just in case any of my readers are also in the same boat and looking for something worry about.

Here goes:


10. I'll barf all over my friend who drove all the way from Danbury to bring me.

9.) I'll barf all over everyone and everything.

8.) I'll wake up at home in my bed and have absolutely no memory of what happened between the time I "woke up" from surgery and when I woke up in my bed (This would be truly horrible.)

7.) They catheterize me

6.) They won't catheterize me and I pee all over myself.

5.) I'll have that weird thing happen where I'll be wide awake for the surgery but unable to move and no one knows it but me...like in that movie with Jessica Alba.

4.) I'll wake up with no knee (and I guess no lower leg either)


3.) I'll catch MRSA. Or Hep C. Or HIV.

2.) I'll wake up paralyzed.

1.) I'll die



After all of this worrying I am exhausted and really looking forward to being knocked out tomorrow and possibly for the whole weekend.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I'm glad none of those things happened. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, now - I'm still waiting on the hiv and hep c test results :-)

    ReplyDelete